st: RE: AW: data points within radius?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: AW: data points within radius?
Date   Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:39:31 +0100

Thanks for the plug, but I think this deals with quite different issues.

Martin Weiss

Maybe this FAQ by NJC gives you some hints:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/grid.html

David Torres

I have two datasets that were nonmatch merged and I need to get the
number of data points of the using data set that are within various
radii of each of the unique levels of the master data set.  To be
clear, both data sets have longitude and latitude coordinates in
decimal degrees.  Now, I have tried the -circnum- user-created
command, but I think it only calculates points within radius of one
pair of coordinates.  I need something a little more sophisticated.