Re: st: non linear regression

Subject   Re: st: non linear regression
Date   Mon, 6 Jul 2009 09:58:20 -0400

somsupa Nopprach<[email protected]> :
-nl- will ignore explanatory variables after the first, since log4
uses only one x, so your regression only uses x1.  For example:

sysuse auto
nl log4 weight length, nolog
nl log4 weight length mpg, nolog
tw function _b[b0]+_b[b1]/(1+exp(-_b[b2]*(x-_b[b3])))

If you want a multivariate version, you need to program it yourself.
Or add 2 to your dependent variable, and divide by 4, so it lies in
the unit interval, then use -glm- with family(binomial), link(logit),
and robust VCE; see http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/logit.html