st: cubic spline

From   "Noori, Nazanin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: cubic spline
Date   Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:37:31 -0700

Hi

I am writing you to ask you kindly help me in some issues.

I want to run a spline cubic to assess the spline models with 95% CI
reflecting mortality predictability of dietary phosphorus in a group.

I have two variables:

1-Death

2- Phosphorus intake

Would you please help me which syntax I should use? I want the Y axis to
show the Log hazard ratio and the X axis to show the dietary phosphorus.
Also I want to know if I want to adjust for age make second spline) what
should I do. So far I ran these syntaxes:

stset time to death, failure(death)

stcox Phosphorus intake

predict hr1, hr

generate lnhr = ln(hr1)