RE: st: meta-analysis question

From   "b. water" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: meta-analysis question
Date   Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:37:33 +0000

hi

nicola orsini (from karolinska institute) provided me with this back in 2005 (i used (and still do) stata 8.2, should not make a difference if you are using stata 10):

// suppose you have 4 studies

clear
input study cases total
end

gen p = .
gen se = .

// get proportions and std errors

forv i =1(1)4 {
cii total[`i'] cases[`i']
qui replace p = r(mean) in `i'
qui replace se = r(se) in `i'
}

// get the inverse variance-weighted proportion
// use the official Stata -vwls- command

gen cons =1
vwls p cons, sd(se)

// use the user written -metan- command

// for fixed-effects meta-analysis