st: AW: how to cancel the seed set previously?

Subject   st: AW: how to cancel the seed set previously?
Date   Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:02:00 +0200

<>

"Appropriate" may not be the best word to describe what is going on here.
Any seed is a good seed: If you want to redo some analysis that involves the
generation of random numbers, you simply issue the same one again, whether
it is large or small.

"Canceling" can be achieved by simply issuing another -set seed- command
with a different number. You can see something`s changed afterwards by
typing

***
di "`c(seed)'"
***