Re: st: AW: RE: count in matched family-individuals file

Subject   Re: st: AW: RE: count in matched family-individuals file
Date   Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:09:25 +0200

<>

It is described in the Data Management Reference Manual [D].

HTH
Martin
_______________________
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joana Estata" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: st: AW: RE: count in matched family-individuals file

Dear Martin,
Your information was fine. It worked perfect.
In fact I was not able to find egen in [U].
Best regards,
Joana

On 7/1/09, Martin Weiss <[email protected]> wrote:

<>

Joana should replace my earlier line

*************
bys fam: egen over18=/*
 */ total(memberage>=18)
*************

by

bys fam: egen over18=/*
 */ total(memberage>=18 & memberage<.)

I sought refuge in the statement in the help that missing values count as
zero for this -egen- function, but the -expression- in the parantheses is
never missing although the -memberage- being compared may be... So I have to
check explicitly...

HTH
Martin