RE: st: option error for rollreg function

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: option error for rollreg function
Date   Mon, 29 Jun 2009 13:40:07 +0000 (GMT)

--- Benjamin Volland wrote:
> I've tried to run the rollreg function on some simple data of mine
> and always got a
>
> option / required
> r(198);
>
> error message.
>
> Being slightly frustrated after a little while I tried the
> illustration provided by Baum (2006) and stumbled upon the very
> same problem, i.e.

-rollreg- is a user written command by Kit Baum and available from
SSC. Also please give the full reference of any paper and not just
an author year reference. Telling where you found a program and
giving full references is not just a Statalist FAQ fettish of mine
(and others) but also in your own interest, as people who answer
your question need to know what you are refering to.

Anyhow, I think I remember that -rollreg- has been superseded by
the -rolling- prefix in official Stata, see -help rolling-.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie