st: Question on correspondence analysis

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <[email protected]>
To   Stata Listserve <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Question on correspondence analysis
Date   Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:48:21 -0400

Hi Stata,

I have a matrix of 31 rows and 8 columns. The rows represent attributes of a product and the columns represent segments in a market. The cell values are utilities scaled so that the sum of the utilities across attributes for a segment equals 100. I want to find which attributes are closely related to which segments. I ran a CA on the matrix and got an interesting plot. For example, attributes 4 and 6 are "close" to segment 1 and rows 1 and 2 are "close" to segment 7. Is there any way to calculate a measure of "closeness" from the ca output so that I can develop groups of attributes for each segment? I'd like to be able to have a list of attributes for each segment and a weight on how important (close?) an attribute is for that segment. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Walt

--

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.