Re: st: Stata on Mac question

From   "Eric A. Booth" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata on Mac question
Date   Thu, 25 Jun 2009 21:30:39 -0500

Hi Scott:

I've moved my copy of Stata 10 from OSX 10.4 to OSX 10.5 without using the CD for a clean reinstall--I didn't have any issues.

A few points of advice: copy the entire "~/Applications/Stata/" folder(it's important that you get a copy of your stata.lic file in there if you don't have your Stata license codes with you), rather than just the application, and also grab a copy of the "~/Library/ Application Support/Stata/" folder and put it into your new library when you get 10.5 loaded. Also, type -sysdir- in Stata and grab a copy of any other paths that sysdir lists & aren't in the aforementioned /Applications, /Library, or /Application Support folders.

If you are still in doubt, I suggest using Carbon Copy Cloner to help you with the backup and file transfer process.

Eric

__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute