Re: st: long invalid varname error on insheet

From   "Victor C. Van Hee" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: long invalid varname error on insheet
Date   Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:05:59 -0700

I figured this out -- apparently, you can't name a variable "long". Stata was trying to tell me what was wrong, but I was assuming it meant my variable names were too long or the datatype was 'long'. Changed it to 'longit' and it works!