RE: st: Model selection using AIC/BIC and other information criteria

From   kokootchke <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Model selection using AIC/BIC and other information criteria
Date   Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:39:59 -0400

Thank you, Richard. This was exactly what I thought... but I remember from my metrics classes long time ago that both AIC and BIC depend on N (sample size)... and I confirmed this by simply looking at these wikipedia entries... but, just like you, I also feared that, even though both criteria adjust for the sample size, maybe you can't compare between AICs and BICs when the models use different # of observations...

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something else...

Thanks a lot!!
Adrian