Re: st: Getting rid of line-breaks in Data

From   Matt Spittal <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Getting rid of line-breaks in Data
Date   Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:32:33 +1000

Dear Elmar,

Carriage returns can be very difficult to deal with. I don't have any clear
answers, except to say that I have found a good text editor to be invaluable
for cleaning a file. For instance, with my text editor (TextWrangler) I can
change between UNIX, Windows and Mac carriage returns and I can use grep
functions to find and replace symbols like the carriage return. If you can
export your data from Access as a text file (csv) and then clean it within a
text editor, then this might be a good solution.

I am not sure what computer system or text editor you are using at present,
but some very good advice on text editors is given here.

    http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html

Good luck,

-- Matt
[email protected]