st: Testing IIA assumption with micombine mlogit command

From   Julie Trivitt <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Testing IIA assumption with micombine mlogit command
Date   Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:07:06 -0500

I need to test the IIA assumption with a multinomial logit model.  I have used the mlogtest,all command, but get the following error message:

Data has been altered since mlogit was estimated.

I suspect it is since I had to use the ice command to impute missing data and the actual estimation command is micombine mlogit........

Can anyone advise me on the best way to test the IIA assumption in this case?

Thanks in advance,

Julie

Julie Trivitt, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Economics