st: Creating a column from point estimates across observations

From   "Sohini Sahu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Creating a column from point estimates across observations
Date   Sat, 6 Jun 2009 13:45:49 -0400 (EDT)

I have a question as to how to do the following:

I have written a procedure that does a restricted regression on the
variables I supply. Say I regress income on wages and capital expenditure.
Say this is done 15 times, each time for one industry.

The program reads like this:
capture program drop reg1
program define reg1
syntax varlist(numeric min=1) [if]
marksample tin
* tin is a temporary variable that returns value 1 if the if condition is
satisfied

	regress score `1' if `tin'

                  gen a=_b[`1']
display "a" a

drop a

end

reg1 w k if cid=="C1"
reg1 w k if cid=="C2"

*C1 stands for Industry 1 etc.

What I want is one single column that would have the coefficients of wages
across all industries and another column that would have the coefficients
for capital expenditure across all industries.

I have done it in a longer way, but was wondering how to do it within a
procedure.

Thank you.

SS