Re: st: -ttest- or -prtest-?

From   Bert Jung <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -ttest- or -prtest-?
Date   Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:34:42 -0400

Thanks Richard, much appreciated.  Here an example code to play with;
the p-values are very close in most cases I tried.

Bert

* Comparing -ttest-, -prtest- and -logit- for binary outcomes

clear
set obs 100

* Proportion of sample set to y = 1 in each of group 0, 1
scalar r1 = 0.4
scalar r2 = 0.5

* Two groups (x = 0, 1) with equal number of obs
gen x = 1 if _n<=_N/2
recode x (.=0)

gen y = 0
replace y = 1 if x==1 & _n <= r1* (_N/2)
replace y = 1 if x==0 & _n > _N - ( r2* (_N/2) )

tab y x, miss

ttest y, by(x)
prtest y, by(x)
logit y x