Re: st: RE: -twoway scatter- different colors for different observations

From   Jacob Wegelin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: -twoway scatter- different colors for different observations
Date   Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:48:35 -0400

produces a plot that is identical to my third example (not second, as
I said).

There's no need to define local macros for red and green;
-mcolor(red)- and -mcolor(green)- work just fine.

But, as shown in my third example, when we use two separate -scatter-
statements the sizes of the plot symbols are computed separately for
each statement, so that the areas of the resulting symbols are no
longer comparable between the groups (foreign and domestic).

This is why I'd like instead to specify the color via a variable and
use a single -scatter- statement. This would be analogous to the
-mlabel(rep78)- syntax in the first example.

Thanks for any solution

Jake Wegelin