st: Re: Rép. : Re: st: RE: AW: Test of the difference in growth rate of two variables

Subject   st: Re: Rép. : Re: st: RE: AW: Test of the difference in growth rate of two variables
Date   Sun, 26 Apr 2009 07:59:10 -0400

Herve STOLOWY <[email protected]>:
Yes, if you believe that is the right model--if the serial correlation
is the only concern, and there is no correlation of errors across i at
t (companies in a year), for example--see also
http://www.nber.org/papers/t0327.  Note that -suest- is also a
cluster-robust variance estimator, so two-way clustering across two
models would imply three-way clustering, I believe.  Also, the
clustering only adjusts SEs, not point estimates--you could also
include fixed effects or use a more efficient estimator (requiring a
model of the errors distributions).