Re: st: Re: Coding question: transactions panel dataset

From   Marcus Casey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Coding question: transactions panel dataset
Date   Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:55:33 -0400

Hi Martin,

I apologize for my lack of clarity. I meant to type black-to-white
sale.  For each repeat sale I wanted to construct an indicator of the
type of sale i.e., whether the sale was white owner to black owner ,
white owner to hispanic owner,etc. and for each of these transactions
the difference in price.

For example, id represents a building. So in 1997 building 1 was
bought by a white buyer  and in 2000 it was sold to a black buyer.
Hence, we know that in 2000 we had a white-to-black sale and the
difference between the price the white buyer paid and the black buyer
paid is 145-123=22.

Thanks,

Marcus