st: AW: First difference in multidimensional panel

Subject   st: AW: First difference in multidimensional panel
Date   Fri, 24 Apr 2009 17:42:29 +0200

<>

" when using tsset how do I create unique id for each
industry-country pair"

I cannot see how this is related to -tsset-ing. -egen, group()- does the job
with or w/o it...

*************
clear*

input str10 Ind  str10 Cty year
2X B 2001
2X A 2002
2X B 2002
end

gen intrafirmimports=rnormal(20000,2000)

compress

encode Cty, generate(country)
encode Ind, generate(industry)

list, noobs