Re: st: mim: xtmelogit & mim: xtmixed

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mim: xtmelogit & mim: xtmixed
Date   Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:09:39 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Wed, 22/4/09, Kris Anderson wrote:
> I am trying to run mim: xtmelogit and am running into
> errors. Has anyone successfully run this application?

*------------------ begin example -------------------------
webuse bangladesh, clear
xtmelogit c_use urban age child* || district:

replace urban = . if runiform() < invlogit(-2 + c_use)
replace age = . if runiform() < invlogit(-2 + c_use)

ice c_use urban age child*, m(5) clear

mim, cat(fit) : xtmelogit c_use urban age child* || district:
*------------------ end example ---------------------------

Notice that I am not claiming that this imputation model
(the -ice- command) which ignores the nested structure is
appropriate --- it probably isn't --- it is just there
to illustrate the mechanics of how to specify the -mim-
command in combination with -xtmelogit-.

> Also, I have successfully run mim: xtmixed but cannot get
> the independent model estimates to run. I saw a post
> sometime ago with a similar problem but no solution posted.
> Has anyone solved this issue?

I don't understand this question, what do you mean with
independent model (it could mean many things), and what
earlier post are you referring to?

More generally, you could have made it a lot easier for
us to answer your question by stating what you typed,
what you expected as output, and what the actual output
was. Statements like "running into errors" don't help
much in trying to nail down what the problem is.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie