st: AW: Running the suest command on an unbalanced panel

Subject   st: AW: Running the suest command on an unbalanced panel
Date   Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:53:41 +0200

<>

As default, -xtreg, fe- leaves behind "conventional" in "e(vce)", and Stata
chokes on this value in line 148-150 of suest.ado. I cannot find any mention
of this in the manual, either, but maybe we are both overlooking some very
obvious reason why -suest- should not be applied in this case. If so, the
error could be more informative, true. ("conventional" and  "non-standard
vce" do not go together easily)

Seems other -xt- commands like -xtlogit- and the like leave behind "oim" as
default...

***
webuse nlswork, clear
generate age2 = age^2
generate ttl_exp2 = ttl_exp^2
generate tenure2 = tenure^2
generate byte black = race==2
xtset idcode year

xi: reg ln_w L.ln_w i.year
estimates store OLS, title(The OLS estimator)
xi: xtreg ln_w L.ln_w i.year, fe
estimates store WG, title(The Within Group estimator)
suest WG OLS
***

HTH
Martin