st: AW: beta coefficients for interaction terms

Subject   st: AW: beta coefficients for interaction terms
Date   Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:17:25 +0200

<>

Well, did you tell Stata in any way that a specific variable is an
"interaction term"? If not, Stata probably treats it as just another
covariate in your regression.

BTW, which book are you referring to?

Note that you can effect the standardization yourself via - egen, std()-

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von
[email protected]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 16. April 2009 12:35
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: beta coefficients for interaction terms

Hi Statalist,

I am working on a regression model with interactions between some
variables. I read in a book, that I can't use the "normal"
standardized beta coefficients for the interaction terms. They said
that the interpretation of the beta coefficients is not possible until
you z-standardise the interaction variables before you do the
regression.

Does anyone know, if stata does the z-standardization for the
interaction variables automatically, so I can use the normal
standardized beta coefficients (shown in the stata output) for the
interpretation?
I am using the 9.1 version of stata.

I hope someone can help me.

Best Lisa