st: RE: Problems posting to Statalist and "test' emails

From   "Joseph Coveney" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Problems posting to Statalist and "test' emails
Date   Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:53:04 +0900

With so many intermediaries between the keyboard and the listserver, it's
difficult to point to any constant culprit.

If it's any consolation, my posts to the list have disappeared into the void on
occasion, as well.

And earlier this week I received a thank-you note privately from someone whose
post I had responded to on the list.  This morning, I received a follow-up
message from him to verify that I received the first one.  He was concerned that
I might not have got the first message, because it never appeared on the list.
I hadn't paid attention to it at the time, but now that I look, I can see by the
address header that the first message was sent to Statalist and only cc'd to me.
I received that message directly, although it never appeared on Statalist.  His
e-mail address for the posting that I responded to (i.e., his address that
successfully made it to the list) is in all lower-case, but his e-mail address
in his thank-you note (that didn't make it to the list) is in mixed case, but is
otherwise identical.  Is the listserver's filtering mechanism case-sensitive?

Joseph Coveney