AW: st: Saving svy mean estimates?

Subject   AW: st: Saving svy mean estimates?
Date   Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:58:36 +0200

<>

The weird thing about the solutions in this thread is that they do not
conform to Rebecca`s request to get means accounting for survey weights the
same way -egen, mean()- does for non-weighted data: as a vector over all
observations in the dataset. The easiest solution that I can see is to
employ -svy: regress- and -predict-.

*************
webuse highschool, clear
svyset county [pweight=sampwgt], strata(state) vce(linearized)

// use -regress- to get means
svy linearized: regress weight sex
//see whether adjust matches -mean- results
adjust, by(sex) xb se
//get predictions
predict pred if sex==1, xb
predict female if sex==2, xb