Re: st: simultaneous regression for proportions

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: simultaneous regression for proportions
Date   Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:26:13 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 7/4/09, Mike Wazowski wrote:
> they don't

Then my programs don't apply. These are meant for the
situation where multiple proportions add up to one.
-fmlogit- exactly implements what Carlo sugested,
and -dirifit- is an alternative approach for the same
problem.

> one variable is an "index of participation" that runs
> from 0 to 1, the other is the "intensity of trust" that
> also runs from 0 to 1 so i have only one row of data
> per subject.  i want to run
> participation <- trust ....
>
> but at the same time there is obviously a question of
>
> trust <- participation ....

The bigger problem here seems to me identification.
If I remember correctly you would need an explanatory
variable that influences participation but not trust
_and_ an explanatory variable that influences trust
but not participation. I find it hard to imagine
what these variables might be.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie