st: AW: RE: RE: AW: RE: Re: loop code problem

Subject   st: AW: RE: RE: AW: RE: Re: loop code problem
Date   Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:10:04 +0200

<>

Nick said quite rightly that the -merge- approach may not be the best here.
The long wait made me think that you had found a solution yourself. I hope
that other listers will come forward with better suggestions :-)

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Li, Ihsuan
Gesendet: Montag, 6. April 2009 18:05
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: RE: RE: AW: RE: Re: loop code problem

Hi Nick, Martin:

It is a bit late, but wanted to let you know that the coding worked after
sorting the two sets of companies and doing:

gen matchname=.
forvalues i=1(1) 265 {
forvalues j= 1(1) 459 {
if lister[`i'] == id[`j'] & lister[`i'] < . {
	replace matchname=name[`j']  in `i'
  }
 }
}

I tried "merge" before and that did not work.

Many thanks!!

Ihsuan