RE: st: FW: Help with filling in dates in a dataset

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: FW: Help with filling in dates in a dataset
Date   Sun, 5 Apr 2009 18:09:04 +0100

Ariel Linden previously posted

============
This is extremely useful code. Is there a way of modifying this code to
fill
in data by month as opposed to every day? Maybe it is intuitive enough
know the difference between daily and monthly values? For example

Before:

Month		Value
January		0
March		4
April		2
June		3

After:
Month		Value
January		0
Feb		.
March		4
April		2
May		.
June		3
=============

Subsequent postings have not, so far as I can see, added any information
on Ariel's set-up.

Is -Month- a Stata date variable or not? Is it numeric (with what range
of values and what format) or string (ditto)?

Is this a panel dataset?

Show us the result of e.g. -describe- and -summarize- on these
variables.

Ariel Linden, DrPH

I copied and pasted your code directly into the do-file editor, without
any
changes. I am running version 10.1 and everything is current.