Re: st:reweight to compare two samples

From   Bryan Sayer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:reweight to compare two samples
Date   Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:25:25 -0400

You don't want to use these types of "weights".  What you want to do is
standardize wages for sample 2 on the race/gender mix of sample 1.

See a basic demography book for "age standardization", and then
substitute your race/gender categories for age.

Bryan Sayer
Health Data Systems and Analysis (HDSA) Center
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 5:00
Phone: (614) 442-7369
FAX:  (614) 442-7329
[email protected]