st:reweight to compare two samples

From   Mandy fu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st:reweight to compare two samples
Date   Fri, 3 Apr 2009 14:53:45 -0500

Hi all,

To compare wage rates of two samples, I 'll reweight  sample 2 using
sample 1 as the control group  according to the gender and racial
decomposition. The result of reweight will be the gender and racial
decomposition of sample 2 is close to that in sample 1.

But I'm not sure when I get the calculated "weight" from reweighting,
as which type of weight I should treat it in following estimation in
the four types of weights, like analysis weight, important weight,
frequency weight(I know it should not be probability weight)?

Any comments will be helpful! Thank you!

Mandy