st: RE: dates in stata

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: dates in stata
Date   Tue, 31 Mar 2009 22:05:50 +0100

It appears to me that Ischoele is sorting dates in string format. If Ischoele annts dates to be numeric, and expressed as number of days elapsed since 01 January 1960, then Ischoele should type, in Stata,

whelp dates and times

and this will cause the on line help for date and time functions to appear. These can be used to convert Ischoele's string dates to numbers, which can then be sorted in ascending order of time.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil