AW: st: RE: SAS Transport

Subject   AW: st: RE: SAS Transport
Date   Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:53:26 +0200

<>

"I've tried many times..."

So have I... Grrr...

"I thought it could import SAS or Stata files, but I don't know if it
preserves labeling."

A glance at http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/foreign/foreign.pdf shows
that it can... See the functions "read.dta" and "write.dta"...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Lachenbruch,
Peter
Gesendet: Dienstag, 31. März 2009 17:47
An: [email protected]
Betreff: RE: st: RE: SAS Transport

What does R do?  I thought it could import SAS or Stata files, but I
don't know if it preserves labeling.  Also, the price of the program is
right, but there is a cost in learning it.  I've tried many times...

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University