AW: st: Calculate the average bid-ask spread for each centile

Subject   AW: st: Calculate the average bid-ask spread for each centile
Date   Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:09:15 +0100

<>

*************
clear*

inp str10(day	hhmmss)	centile
20080602		90302	1
20080602		90510	1
20080602		100408	2
20080602		100908	2
20080602		160007	100
20080602		160107	100
20080603		90302	1
20080603		90510	1
20080603		100408	2
20080603		100908	2
20080603		160007	100
20080603		160107	100
end

g spread=runiform()*0.1

bys centile day: egen avgspread=mean(spread)

HTH
Martin