st: psmatch2 by(var)

From   Nils Kok <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: psmatch2 by(var)
Date   Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:21:57 +0100

Dear statalist,

Using psmatch2 I compare differences between a group of treated and
non-treated observations. However, within these groups I want to distinguish
further between different geographical locations (MSAs): for each MSA, I
want to match a treated observation with the most comparable non-treated
observation (as indicated by the pscore). Then, I want to test the
differences in outcome variables for all pairs in all MSAs. The 'by()'
option would be ideal. However, this is not available in psmatch2. What are
the alternatives.

Thanks in advance,

Nils Kok