st: AW: utf-8 support

Subject   st: AW: utf-8 support
Date   Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:01:00 +0100

<>

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#noanswer

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Steve Leo
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. März 2009 13:56
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: utf-8 support

Hi, everybody!

I'm using STATA on a Mac and my problem is how to make Chinese
characters in utf-8 encode displayed correctly.

My dataset is converted from Access database  files, in .csv format,
and the Chinese characters in it are all right if it is opened with
textmate or other editors on my Mac. But when STATA insheets the data,
the Chinese characters are unrecognizable.

Any suggestion is welcome, thanks!

Steve.