RE: st: nlcom, "Maximum number of iterations exceeded."

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: nlcom, "Maximum number of iterations exceeded."
Date   Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:36:06 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 23/3/09, [email protected] wrote:
> > Thanks again for your reply, but I do not think the
> > problem I have with nlcom has anything to do with the
> > missing standard errors.

Assuming that you have fixed your problem with -nlsur-,
which you realy should because it makes no sense to try
to interpret a model that has this problem, and that you
still have a problem with -nlcom-, then you can try to
rescale your parameters, such that the parameters aren't
too large or too small. You are squaring them, so very
small number become very very small and very large numbers
become very very large, which may cause problems.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen