RE: st: Small sample

From   jverkuilen <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Small sample
Date   Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:59:46 -0400

You might want to check out the 1995 issue of the annual journal Sociological Methodology, which had a special section devoted to Bayesian approaches to the problem. The lead article is

Berk, RA, Western, B & Weiss, RA (1995). Statisical inference for apparent populations. Sociological Methodology, 25: 421-458.

Commentary follows.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Apostolos Ballas" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: 3/21/2009 2:44 AM
Subject: st: Small sample

I am conducting a regression analysis. A reviewer of my paper found the
sample small (he /she was right numerically speaking but it is almost the
entire population) and suggested that I use small sample techniques. No
matter where I looked in standard econometrics textbooks there was no
reference. Any ideas please? Is bootstrap a possible answer?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Apostolos Ballas