Re: st: sobel goodman test

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sobel goodman test
Date   Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:54:10 +0100

Sure, you can do this with xtivreg (RE or FE) or xtiverg2 (RE)....if you have more than two equations could you use reg3 (with FE only). There is the overid or xtoverid that you can download to test for overidentifying constraints. Also, if your model has fixed effects only, reg3 will do perfectly fine and then you can test the indirect path using the delta method (i.e., nlcom)--I don' know how this would be done in the context of xtivreg though (though I think that programs like Mplus can handle that--i.e., the indirect path using delta or bootstrap).

HTH,
John.

Prof. John Antonakis
Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny
Switzerland