st: Reporting proper format of numbers in a graph

From   "Benjamin Villena Roldan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Reporting proper format of numbers in a graph
Date   Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:29:03 -0400

Hello Statalist,
I'm currently including some correlations in the notes of a graph. I want
the format of this correlation to include just 3 decimals. So far, my
approach is to compute the reported correlation in the following way

-
corr x y
local cxy=round(1000*r(rho))/1000
twoway(line x y), note("corr(x,y)= `cxy' ")
-

For most of the graphs I'm doing this procedure works fine, but in a few
cases the graph note reports correlations that look like 0.6750000000000001
. This rounding error is killing the aesthetic of my graph!
Does anyone know another way to handle this problem so that I can always
report three-decimal correlations?

Thanks,

Benjamin