Re: st: ordered tabulation with only top values shown

Subject   Re: st: ordered tabulation with only top values shown
Date   Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:27:04 +0100

<>

You have to be creative to get it into ascending order:

*****
sysuse auto, clear
*descend
ta rep78, sort
*ascend
contract rep
*****

I do think that the rest of your post is a little opaque. You can add the -if- qualifier to the -tab- to get a subset of the values, but I have a hunch you are really aiming at something else?

HTH
MArtin
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:19:23 -0600
> Von: "Rodrigo Briceño" <[email protected]>
> An: [email protected]
> Betreff: st: ordered tabulation with only top values shown

> Dear members of the list. I recently discovered the use of the command
> tab with the option sort in order to get an ordered table of
> frequencies (descendant order).
> I am wondering if I can use an additional option in order to show only
> some specific set of results, since some categories on my tables are
> really long (more than 256 categories in one case).
> Also I have the doubt if tab could be combined with an option in order
> to get ascendant frequencies.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Rodrigo Briceño