Re: st: Bar Chart Area Pattern

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Bar Chart Area Pattern
Date   Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:21:14 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mar 17, 2009, at 11:56 PM, Keuntae Kim aksed:
> > > I am drawing a stacked bar chart which has four
> > > categories [and] I would like to use different
> > > area patterns, such as hatched lines.
> > >
> > > In other words, I would like to draw a stacked
> > > bar chart that looks like one produced by
> > > twoway parea command.

--- Dave answered

--- On Wed, 18/3/09, Keuntae Kim wrote:
> Is there any user written program for this?

As far as I know you have already found the only user
written program in this area: -twoway parea-. You can
use that to create a bar chart. To do so you need to
change your data quite a bit. For that the -contract-
and -collapse- commands are probably the most useful.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen