Re: st: loglikelihood and loglikelihood ratio

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: loglikelihood and loglikelihood ratio
Date   Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:44:58 -0400

1. I just checked the commands for the 3 regions case and found they are right. But in the estimation of the unrestricted model, R square of one of the three equations are negative, R square of the other three euqations are positive. Does it cause the negative LR chi2 value?

2. In my 7 regions case, LR chi are positive. However, there's some strange thing about the degree of freedom. In unrestricted case, the parameters for equation 1, 2, 3 are 40, 8, 8, respectively. In restricted case, are 37, 7, 7. I though the degree of freedom should be 40-37=3. But the result of lrtest given by stata is LR chi(2). What's the problem?

Thanks.

Jingjing

Quoting Maarten buis <[email protected]>:

You definately should not use the -force- option. I was expecting
that you were not telling us everything you did.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen