Re: st: The use of Obuchowski method in Stata? (with ref)

From   Svend Juul <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: The use of Obuchowski method in Stata? (with ref)
Date   Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:07:46 +0100

Sophie Royannis wrote:

I would like to know if someone of you have used the Obuchowski method in Stata, and how does it work in this software.

Is there any program which can help me ?

Nancy A.Obuchowski, Cleveland clinic foundation
"Estimating & comparing diagnostic tests accuracy when the gold standard is not binary"

Advice: Give as full a reference as possible, to improve the chance of response. I found:

Obuchowski NA. Estimating and comparing diagnostic tests' accuracy when the gold standard is not binary. Acad Radiol 2005; 12: 1198-1204.

That paper mentions more than one non-binary scenario and Obuchowski discusses more than one method - and I am not sure how to interpret the results.

   . findit Obuchowski

gives no hits, so I doubt that Stata has something that corresponds directly to Obuchowski's paper.

Hope this helps
Svend

Svend Juul
Bartholins Allé 2