RE: st: Multilevel modelling of survival data

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Multilevel modelling of survival data
Date   Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:46:21 +0000 (GMT)

--- Justin B Echouffo Tcheugui wrote:
> You are right, but the problem that I have is that by design
> all patients in one clinic will belong to the same trial
> group. As clinics (not individuals) were allocated either to
> treatment or control group, the events in one clinic can
> only count for one arm of the trial. Do you see any other
> way of dealing with this?

This is getting tough. The aim of doing such a multilevel
analysis is to separate the effect of the clinic from the
effect of the treatment. If there is no variation within
clinics in the treatment, than it becomes much harder to
make this seperation. What you need now is an expert who
has experience with this design, and I am not that expert.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen