st: sample survey analysis without PSU info

From   Carlos Dias <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: sample survey analysis without PSU info
Date   Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:20:09 +0000

Dear Statalisters,
I am preparing to analyse a large sample survey data file (about 40000
individuals where all individuals in families are surveyed). This
comes from a multistage, cluster sample survey where strata=regions,
PSU=counties, and sample weights calculated using Horwitz-Thompson
methods in R and then post-stratification with marginal adjustements
for age and sex.
I have sample weights and strata information for each individual but
no information on the PSU (counties within strata) of each individual.
Could someone direct me to references on the risks and ways to
minimize them when I conduct the analysis without cluster information
on the svyset command?
I am sorry if this a rather simple question but I would relay
appreciate all the help I can get.
Thank in advance
Carlos Dias
National School of Public Health