Re: st: -gen double- or -gen-

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -gen double- or -gen-
Date   Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:57:54 -0400

Thanks Maarten,

I know what's "double" now.

And I have to corrected my expression in the previous email.

I first use -gen-...  to calculate the elements of matrix M.

Then -mkmat h*, mat(M)- creat matrix M as T*10, where T is the mumver of observations in the sample and there are 10 elements in the lower triangle of the matrix for a specific period

Now I want to calculate the eigenvalues of the matrix for each time period:

mata:
M = st_matrix("M")
lambda = J(cols(M), 4, .)
for(t=1; t<=cols(M); t++) {
mt = invvech(M[., t])
lambda[t, .] = symeigenvalues(mt)
}
lambda
end

I am wondering if -M= = st_matrix("M")- here make sure it is a *symmetric* matrix with the elements h11 h21... that I just generated.