RE: st: Is there a similar output command as outreg for Summary?

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Is there a similar output command as outreg for Summary?
Date   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 17:27:25 -0700

> Can I ask a question? Is there a similar output command as
> outreg for Summary? I want to first use command summary and
> then output selected items (such as mean median p1 p99 STD)
> for many variables.. Is there a such output command?
>
> Many thanks in advance!

An interesting question. There is always -outsum- by Kerry Papps
that will creat a summary stats like -outreg- does.

Then there is the latest version of -outreg2- that will handle
some summary statistics. I think it will do some tabulation as
well.

It should be up on SSC whenever Kit Baum gets to it.

Incidently, -outreg2- is now byable (I forgot to mention this
in the help file). The latest version will also run under version 7
of Stata (this one I remembered; see the bottom of the help file for
limitations).

reg headroom trunk weight length
version 7: bys foreign :outreg2 using myfile, sum excel seeout replace

You can obviously place summary stats next to the regression output.

outreg2 using myfile, replace
outreg2 using myfile, sum excel seeout

By design, the -sum- option will only report summary stats for
variables and observations used in the last regression. Hence it
will only run after a regression command.

I now see Martin wanted the detailed stats as well. The following
option is currently undocummented (because I will probably change it).
This is for the whole sample.

reg headroom trunk weight length
outreg2 using c:\myfile, sum(detail) excel seeout replace

The follwoing is just for sd without the whole enchilada.

outreg2 using c:\myfile, sum(detail) excel seeout replace eqkeep(sd)

The current limitation of -sum- option is that it cannot handle a
large number of variables (something to do with the matsize limitation).

It was easier to write it this way, but I guess I will have to rewrite
it properly to be able to work with a large number of variables. I might
be able to get to it some time this year.

Roy