st: AW: RE: AW: RE: Re: Generate Variable

Subject   st: AW: RE: AW: RE: Re: Generate Variable
Date   Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:34:15 +0100

<>

" The -bys id- does no harm, but is unnecessary"

Very, very true: I wanted to make sure that the process happens for each id
separately, bu the -egen- statements see to it that the income vectors are
id-specific to start with. Thanks for pointing that out.

So Erick, as you can see from our exchanges, missings in the income or year
variable can spoil your fun in this exercise...

HTH
Martin