Re: Ang. st: AW: Logistic regression with a continuous variable

From   Galina Hayes <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Ang. st: AW: Logistic regression with a continuous variable
Date   Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:34:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi Tomas,
I don't know if this is the 'right' way to do this but the way I do a fast check on the linearity assumption is with lowess curves where the Y variable is logit. This can be done through the GUI (select graphics, then smoothers, then lowess and check the logit outcome box) or by typing lowess died age, logit
Cheers,
Galina
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tomas Lind" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, March 6, 2009 10:20:46 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Ang. st: AW: Logistic regression with a continuous variable

I want the independent variable to be linear to logit of the outcome to
have a proper model fit (in analogy with ordinary linear regression where I
want continuous IV to be linear to the outcome).

/Tomas

          st: AW: Logistic regression with a continuous variable

          Martin Weiss
                       till:
                         statalist
                                                                  2009-03-06 16:05

          Sänt av:
                [email protected]
         Svara till statalist

<>

" How can I check that age is logit-linear?"

Why do you want to check for this?

HTH
Martin