st: AW: Enquiry From PhD Student

Subject   st: AW: Enquiry From PhD Student
Date   Thu, 5 Mar 2009 22:30:17 +0100

<>

Try

*************
ttest capital if wave==12, by(exports) unequal level(95)
*************

If that does not work, either, come back with the error message. But I hope
that you will succeed :-)

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Obi Berko
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 5. März 2009 21:09
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Enquiry From PhD Student

Please

I found your e-mail on the web, when you provited an answer to some one

I am a PhD student and I have bought your book: Statistics with  Stata,
Updated version 9

Please my problem is that I am working on a panel data of 12 year period
starting from 1991 to 2002 and I am runing an independent sample t-test, but
I want to limit my output to 2002.. However my sata 9.2 version tells me
option not required when I type my command.

Here is is how I typed the command:

ttest, capital, by(exports) unequal level(95) if wave==12

the 12 means 2002, but results window tells me "option not required". Please
if I want to run an independent sample t-test with a panel data and I want
to limit it to a particular wave please what command should I use?