Re: st: Biased estimates?

From   Mike Wazowski <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Biased estimates?
Date   Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:57:47 -0800 (PST)

thank you michael.  one problem that i am facing is that i have no idea how many low response observations were dropped in the initial mailing as i do not have them in the dataset (we receive data from a third party).  so it is not possible to determine whether and how the dropped cases differ from the retained observations.

is my intuition correct that because the dropped observations are likely nonresponders, then my estimates are biased upward?  that is, students who are less likely to respond are driven into a higher predicted probability of responding?

thank you,

mike